ESUR 2018 PROGRAMME
PRELIMINARY PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
The ESUR 2018 Symposium, Barcelona, Spain, 13/09/2018-16/09/2018 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 20 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Join the ESUR 2018 Workshops!
ESUR 2018 WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
Two of our featured workshops require prior registration:
1) Prostate cancer: The magnetised needle, where does it point to?
2) Hands on pelvic floor
All other workshops are open!
Registration is free of charge and needs to be done online.
Please note that the number of places for each workshop is limited!
Workshop: Prostate cancer: The magnetised needle, where does it point to?
J. Richenberg, Brighton/UK
O. Rouviere, Lyon/FR
I. Schoots, Rotterdam/NL
The role of MRI in investigating those with suspected prostate cancer is established. The expert panel will debate on more controversial topics in biopsy decision-making:
• upfront MRI in all men?
• negative predictive value of MRI – how good? biopsy threshold PI-RADS 3 or 4?
• when (only) MRI-targeted biopsy? when systematic biopsies?
• risk stratification: pre-MRI and post-MRI?
The workshop will be lively and the audience will be expected to take sides!
Date and time:
Friday, September 14, 2018 ll 09:00-10:30
(repeated) Friday, September 14, 2018 ll 14:45-16:15
Workshop: Hands on pelvic floor
R. Farouk El Sayed, Cairo/EG
J. Almeida, R. Lucas, S. Ramanathan, O. Stankiewicz
Specific objectives of each lecture are as follows:
• Comprehensive MR technique for evaluation of the pelvic floor including appropiate sequences, utility of rectal contarst and defecation phase, appropiate technologist education and patient coaching.
• Anatomic review of the pelvic floor including levator anatomy and landmarks used in functional evaluation.
• Functional imaging of the pelvic floor including appropiate measurement and grading of prolapse in the anterior, middle and posterior compartments as well as assessment of anorectal and defecatory dysfunction.
• Appropiate reporting of MR defocography – what the referring physicians want to know.
Date and time:
Saturday, September 15, 2018 ll 15:45-17:15 (part 1)
Sunday, September 16 ll 08:30-10:00 (part 2)